Position Title: Cybersecurity Analyst
Salary: Flexible based on prior experience
Position Type: Permanent
A leading provider in natural resources our client is Listed on the TSX and rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For, our client has been one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 6 years in a row.
- Manage firewall security policies including VPN configurations and ensure consistency and accuracy
- Conduct regular vulnerability, configuration, application and compliance scans, report results and assist in remediation
- Mentor Helpdesk and IT Ops groups regarding risk management, information security controls, incident analysis, incident response, SIEM monitoring, and other operational tasks in support of technologies managed by the IS Dept
- Participate in security incident management, containment, and vulnerability management processes and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution including root cause determination
- Research, evaluate, and implement approved security technologies and evaluate IT security risks of new IT Infrastructure systems
- Assist in the collection of information required by internal and external audit groups for regulatory compliance
- Develop, review, and maintain required security and incident response policies
- Provide recommendations in tuning and optimization of security systems, processes, procedures, and policies
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology/Security or equivalent work experience and/or certificates.
- Preferred Information Security professional designations such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC, GCED
- 3-5 years previous Cybersecurity experience in conducting security investigations and incident remediation
- Ability to analyze data, such as logs or packet captures, from various sources within the enterprise and draw conclusions regarding past and future security incident
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong knowledge of IT including multiple operating systems and system administration/configuration skills (Windows, Linux, embedded)
- Demonstrable understanding of security technologies such as firewalls, VPN’s, enterprise Anti-Malware, Encryption, E-mail security (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
- Excellent English written and verbal skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary: Open (Based on prior experience)
- Vacation: 3 Weeks
- Extended Medical Benefits
How to Apply:
Please email a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext:253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.