At IBM Security Services, we partner with Fortune 1000 clients to deliver real business value by:
– Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
– Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
– Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
– Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
– Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
- Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
As an entry-level Security Services Consultant, you will work with a team of skilled and dedicated security specialists to design, develop and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques and products to defend against web-based or electronic attacks, and protect complex networks and applications targeted at our critical clients. Projects you could be working on relate to Cloud management services, Internet of Things, Mobile development and testing, and enterprise application development and maintenance.
What do we look for in a successful Entry-Level IBM Security Services Consultant?
– Work experience through internships, project work, hands-on lab experience in a cyber-related role (security engineering/ software development/ block chain/ encryption solutions, etc.).
– Familiarity with network design, network security, authentication, authorization techniques, and encryption protocols and standards.
– Foundation in technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography.
– Experience with Cybersecurity tools such as log analysis, threat modeling, predictive analytics, machine learning, anomaly detection, data loss prevention (DLP), intrusion detection systems (IDS) and signature development.
– Familiarity with tools such as Nessus, Splunk, Tripwire, Tenable Security Center, Hadoop, McAfee ePo
– Interest and familiarity with Blockchain, Penetration Testing, Cyber Analytics, and/ or Cognitive Cyber.
– Experience and/or course work in front-end web and mobile technology development, or multiple Java application frameworks is highly desired.
– Ability to translate security requirements into business solutions
– Ability to analyze anomalies in security monitoring tools, and work with team in identification, investigation, and resolution of security events and incidents
– Core Consulting Skills:
– Demonstrated presentation skills
– Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
– Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
– Must be able to draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties
– Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.