Paytm Labs is located in the heart of Toronto, nestled between the busy Finance and vibrant entertainment District. Transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speed is our forte, it allows us to make commerce more accessible and convenient. We proudly support Paytm India and we are the birth place of the Paytm Canada app.
In 2017, we launched the Paytm Canada App, a consumer-facing mobile application allowing consumers to pay their bills using multiple payment options with no fees, earn points, and make peer-to-peer payments.
Paytm India is the largest leading Payment gateway that offers comprehensive payment services for approximately 250 million customers and 7 million merchants. We offer mobile payment solutions to allow consumers to make seamless mobile payments from Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, and Digital Credit among others. We pioneered and are the leader of QR code based mobile payments in India. With the launch of Paytm Payments Bank, we aim to bring banking and financial services to half-a-billion un-served and under-served people in India and around the globe.
Paytm Labs is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work! We are small, diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer. We leverage our expertise in technology to build lasting, secure, and efficient solutions. Our creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for consumer of Paytm India and Paytm Canada. We encourage our employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigor.
We take the security of our customer seriously. The Junior Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring that our networks remain secure by conducting investigations, incident handling, and working with the security team to remediate and escalate security incidents.
- Monitor environments for security events and alerts to threats, intrusions, and/or compromises.
- Escalate cyber security events according to operation process and procedures.
- Act as a participant during Cyber Hunt activities at the direction of Incident Manager.
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation.
- Conduct events analysis and documentation.
- Produce comprehensive reports of incident investigations.
- Responsible for understanding the global threat landscape.
- Proactively provide feedback on SOC operational processes and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sysadmin network skills required.
- Must have a passion for Cyber Security.
- Basic programming skills in various disciplines including scripting languages.
- Fluent with DNS query tools such as dig and nslookup.
- Basic understanding of topics such as sender policy framework and NOTIFY.
- Knowledge of payments and banking systems/companies is a plus.
- Some IT/Security professional experience is preferred.
What We Offer:
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
- Group Health Benefits plan and enrollment right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
- We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've been biking, axe-throwing, bowling, rocking climbing, and go-karting.
- Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
- Birthdays are celebrated with cakes, and special office events have beer and whiskey.
- We also get a weekly delivery of groceries to our office.
- Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.