Job ID: R-392
Location: Downtown Toronto
The Manager, SOC is responsible for the design, planning, testing, implementation, and administration of industry-wide accepted information security principles, practices, and information systems to ensure the protection of information assets processed, stored, or transmitted. Evaluate the effectiveness of information security solutions and processes in place, monitor for and identify security risks and exposures, determine the causes of security violations, assess, and implement procedures to prevent future incidents 24x7x365. Understand and provide assistance to system users relative to information systems security matters.
- Lead the implementation, configuration, and operation of information security technologies that are implemented across our client
- Influences internal partners to ensure they build solutions consistent with the organization’s planned policies, programs, architectural recommendations, and information security standards
- Support the ongoing security control processes within the enterprise which includes security technologies, networks, information systems, and endpoints.
- Analyzes threat and vulnerability feeds and analyzes data for applicability to our clients environment including the identification and resolution of false positive findings in assessment results, as well as perform compensating controls analysis and validate the efficacy of existing controls
- Understanding of threat models, impact levels, and the different approaches and methodologies i.e. black/grey/white box testing
- Lead investigations of potential security incidents using forensically sound methods and techniques
- Develop and implement information security operations metrics, measurement criteria and reporting to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
- Perform operational risk analysis of different solution options and propose a security solution for the business problem that balances potential loss with the cost of the solution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing Security Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or a related field of study
- CISSP or SSCP, CISM, CRISK, GIAC GCIH
- Knowledge of security standards including NIST CSF, ISO27001, PCI DSS
- Solid experience handling cybersecurity incident and breach management.
- Strong experience implementing and managing threat intelligence tools and feeds
- Familiar with penetration testing tools and techniques including red team and blue team practices
- Strong Knowledge of cybersecurity technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection and protection system, email security, web Security, DDoS prevention, wireless security, identity, and access management (IAM) systems, 2FA, certificate, and key management, HSM, various monitoring tools
Nice to Haves:
- GIAC (GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC and etc.), OPST, CEH, OSCP
- Knowledge of Gsuite, AWS, and similar Cloud provider’s services and architectures